Heart-Healthy Recipe: Avocado Deviled Eggs Low-Sodium
Check out this heart-healthy low-sodium avocado deviled egg recipe that you can use all year round!
- 6 eggs, hard-boiled
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- Cut eggs lengthwise and remove yolks.
- Set aside half the yolks in bowl and discard the others.
- In a medium bowl combine egg yolks, avocado, lime juice, mayonnaise, half of the parsley, cayenne pepper and garlic.
- Spoon mixture into egg whites and garnish with other half of chopped parsley.
- 2 halves
- Calories 97
- Total fat 7g
- Saturated fat 1.5g
- Trans fat 0 g
- Monounsaturated fat 4g
- Cholesterol 93 mg
- Sodium 126 mg
- Total carbohydrate 3.5g
- Dietary fiber 2g
- Added sugars 0g
- Protein 5g
Recipe created by Northeast Georgia Medical Center Executive Chef, Byron Harrel
Other Heart-Healthy Recipes
About the Northeast Georgia Medical Center Advanced Heart Failure Program
For patients with heart failure, life can be challenging. At Northeast Georgia Medical Center, we help patients manage their heart health and lead fulfilling lives--even for those with advanced stages of the disease. Learn more about Northeast Georgia Medical Center's Advanced Heart Failure Services.