Butternut Squash & White Bean Bisque
- 1 Medium to Large Butternut Squash, Halved and Seeded (or any variety of fall/winter squash)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 (12-15oz) Can Low Sodium White Beans, Drained
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Sage
- 1 Pomegranate
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil the cut sides of the squash and place cut side down onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool.
2. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Tip in onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add stock, beans, nutmeg, and almond/soy milk. Bring to a light simmer, about 8-10 minutes. Scoop squash and add to soup.
3. In small batches, blend soup until smooth consistency in a bar blender or Vitamix. Add sage and season to taste with Mrs. Dash if you wish. Garnish with Pomegranate seeds for extra pop of flavor and freshness.
About The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center
For patients with heart disease, life can be challenging. At The Heart Center of Northeast Georgia Medical Center, we help patients manage their heart health and lead fulfilling lives--even for those with advanced heart disease. Learn more about our program and start your journey today.