Sports Cardiology Clinic
A heart condition doesn't have to end your passion. At The Heart Center of NGMC, we're dedicated to working with athletes, from professional athletes to weekend warriors. Together, we can help you continue safely playing your sport.
About the program
Doctors in sports cardiology require special expertise and understanding of the physical demands of competitive sports and the psychology of athletes. The Sports Cardiology Clinic will evaluate adult athletes involved in any level of sports, as well as adolescents age 15 and older. The cardiologist focuses on identifying potentially serious cardiovascular conditions that, if left untreated, could cause potential harm.
What we do
- Specialized testing for athletes
- Collaboration between various cardiac sub-specialists
- Exercise prescriptions for those with or without heart disease
- Performance evaluation and monitoring
- Evaluation of abnormal findings, symptoms, and risk factors for heart disease utilizing our exercise performance lab
- Clearance to return-to-play
- Counseling regarding risks/benefits of various sports strategies and competition
The Sports Cardiology Clinic is available at our Gainesville, Cumming, Dahlonega and Dawsonville locations.
You can connect with us in two ways:
Call 770-534-2020 for more information or to schedule an appointment.
Send us an appointment request by completed the short form attached to this page.